My career in Marriage and Family Therapy comes after a decade of corporate media sales and 15 years as a full-time parent raising three children with my partner of 25 years. I completed a demanding master’s degree program while juggling family life, and opened Corner House Family and Relationship Therapy. I have always had a curious and reflective mind; it is simply my nature to seek to understand and make sense of the world around me. This inherent drive to make meaning of my own experiences helps me support others as they navigate their own life transitions and challenges. Through clinical and counseling work I have found a way to help others in a professional capacity. I am humbled and honored to work with people from all walks of life as they seek to improve themselves and their relationships.
Clients have described my style of therapy as approachable and warm while also practical and intentional. I have been told by clients that I listen deeply, and on more than one occasion I have been told I “ask good questions.” I aspire to create an environment where my clients feel accompanied in their search for answers. My role as a therapist is to serve as a guide and collaborator, helping clients learn to do things differently, improve their situations and, ultimately, experience change.
My clinical experience began with work in an addiction and mental health treatment center. Through this experience I became particularly interested in how mental health issues impact daily functioning and relationships. Areas of particular interest and focus include the impacts of traumatic events, anxiety, depression, and attention deficit disorder (adult or child/youth diagnosed). I have worked with individuals, families, and couples to help them tap into their resiliency and develop strategies for managing mental health symptoms. In addition, I have facilitated group therapy with adolescents and young adults struggling with substance use. These groups helped members learn to manage cravings, improve communication skills, and re-build their lives and relationships while maintaining sobriety.
My work with families ranges from those with young children to families with adult children navigating difficult life transitions and changing family roles. Additionally, I have worked with couples where I use my training in the highly effective Emotionally Focused Therapy model to help partners work through difficult situations and relationship dynamics.
An area of long-standing interest and learning revolves around the impacts technology is having on our lives and relationships. This is an increasingly important area of study as many people struggle to find healthy use of social media and the abundance of digital entertainment available today. I am ready to help those clients who seek guidance in establishing balance in their screen and non-screen activities.
Retreats & Workshops
A passionate and inspirational leader of group experiences, I facilitate workshops and retreats addressing the issue of burnout prevention and practical and realistic self-care practices. Post-pandemic the topic of burnout is omnipresent and real-life solutions to self-care and living a life geared towards balance and general well-being is needed more than ever. See the retreats & workshops tab for more information about attending a small group workshop, or a corporate workshop for your professional team or organization.
My professional development in the field of marriage and family therapy is on-going. As a life-long learner I continue to expand my knowledge base through professional training opportunities that are of clinical relevance to my work at Corner House.
My Commitment To You
I know it takes a great deal of courage to reach out and ask for help – to take that first step towards change by making an appointment for therapy. My commitment is that I will be with you the whole way. I will be alongside you with compassion, listening, warmth, curiosity, and an ability to keep our work on target to reach your goals. I invite you to embark on a journey toward healing and wholeness. I will provide a caring space that feels inviting and safe to face your past and present with honesty, and face your future with hope.
My Training & Professional Achievement
- President-Elect, 2023-2024, Boulder Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy (BCEFT), Boulder, CO. Preparing to lead the Boulder EFT community in learning, inclusion, and diversity of service through EFT therapy. Expected Presidency 2025-2026.
- EFT and EFFT Certification Expected 2024
- Junior Clinician, Sandstone Care, Broomfield, CO. Sandstone Care offers substance use and behavioral & mental health therapy and counseling services to young adults, adolescents, and their families.
- Intern, Colorado Couples & Relationship Therapy, Boulder, CO. Private practice setting working with couples using Emotionally Focused Therapy.
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy, Level 1, Gail Palmer, RMFT, & Jim Furrow, Ph.D., Southeast Florida EFT Community. 2021
- Emotionally Focused Therapy, CORE Skills Training, Boulder, CO. Advanced EFT Skills Training, Robert Allen, Ph.D., 2020
- Academic Publication: On Eagles Wings: A Caregivers Story. Counseling and Family Scholarship Review. 2019. #https://epublications.regis.edu/cftsr/vol2/iss2/1/
- Depth-Psychology & Self-of-the-Therapist Symposium, Boulder, CO, Year-long participation in monthly symposium sponsored by NAROPA University with Julie Colwell, Ph.D., 2019-2020
- Solution Focused Therapy Training, Divorce Busters Boulder, CO. Solution Focused Training for high conflict couples, Michele Wiener-Davis, MSW, 2019
- Emotionally Focused Therapy, Externship Training, Boulder, CO. Foundational EFT skills training, Robert Allen, Ph.D., 2019
- American Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Boulder Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy (President-Elect, 2023-2024)
- Rocky Mountain Family Therapy Network
- MA, Marriage & Family Therapy, Regis University, Denver, CO
- BA, Business, International Business Emphasis, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
Wondering if I’m the right therapist for you?
I offer a free 20-minute phone or video-call consultation to help you make your decision. Please contact me to schedule your free consultation today.